This fish tacos recipe is a simple & fresh dinner idea for guests. Fresh seasonal produce compliments the smoky BBQ flavour of the fish. Serve with heaps of fresh coriander and lime wedges. Pair with a crisp summer ale for perfect summer feels.
Time 25 mins | Serves 6 (2 per person)
For the fish marinade:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 800g snapper fillet, skinless
For the slaw:
- 4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, grated or fine julienned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 12 corn tortillas (2 per person)
- Torn coriander leaves
- Sliced radish (fresh or pickled)
- Lime wedges
- Preheat BBQ grill (or smoker) to medium-high heat. Combine first 6 ingredients for fish marinade in a small bowl; brush or pour onto fish fillets.
- Prepare slaw ingredients and combine in bowl.
- Grill fish for 5 minutes on each side; grill tortillas 30 seconds on each side – wrap in clean dry tea towel to keep warm. Break fish into bite-size pieces.
- Spoon slaw on tortillas, top with fish. Salt & pepper to taste. Add radish slices and sprinkle with torn coriander. Serve with lime wedges.