This grilled mac cheese sandwich is stuffed with creamy macaroni and cheese for double the gooey cheesy deliciousness. We are obsessed with grilled cheese lately, so saying this is the ‘best ever’ is an accolade with meaning.
- 4 slices of good quality bread
- 2 tbsp butter spread
- 4 slices of quality cheddar cheese (Gruyère or smoked cheddar is delicious too)
- 1 serving home-made Mac & Cheese (or microwave snack version if you’re short on time) – We think the Edmonds recipe is the best.
- Make macaroni and cheese. Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each un-buttered side of bread. Spread half of the macaroni cheese on one piece of bread and the other half on another piece of bread. Place remaining slices of bread on top, to form two sandwiches. Place frying pan on stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, place both sandwiches in the frying pan, cooking the buttered sides until golden and toasty and the center of the sandwiches are melty.
Our Tip: Add bacon & caramelised onion relish, or creamy mayonnaise to pimp that sandwich … if you dare…