Orange and Red Currant Christmas Glaze Recipe
This super easy 5 step glaze recipe is a fool proof way to turn your plain old ham into a delicious Christmas dish which will have the whole family coming back for seconds. Subtle flavours of orange and red currants this is combination to die for!
Prep Time 10 mins | Serves 6
Please note this recipe designed for a 2kg ham; double or triple the recipe for larger hams.
- 2kg cooked ham on the bone
- 350g Brown Sugar
- 400g Red Currant Jelly
- 1 L Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 Tbs Dijon Mustard or to taste
- Combine brown sugar, orange juice and red currant jelly into a medium sized pot and heat on a low boil until the mixture turns syrupy, now whisk through the Dijon mustard.
- Score your ham and press the cloves into the scores
- Place the ham into a small tray and pour all the glaze evenly over the ham
- Every 10 – 15 minutes spoon the glaze over the ham for about 45 mins and watch that it is not burning
- When the ham is to your liking continue to glaze the ham every 10 mins as it cools
Chef’s tip: for the best results ensure the baking tray is not to big for the ham.